Anvil Campground is the only campground in Williamsburg, Virginia with shuttle services from our property!
The shuttle bus comes by twice an hour Monday though Friday and once an hour on Saturday and Sunday!
All-Day Pass: $2.00
7-Day goWATA Pass: $10.00 (Senior: $5.00)
Basic Shuttle Bus Information:
(please look below for more detailed information!)
Anvil Campground is located on the "Tan Line"
Shuttle Bus Operating Time:
- 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Off Peak
- 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Peak Summer Months
- (Peak Summer Months begin mid June to Labor Day)
- The Sunday service will begin at 8:00 a.m. and will run until 6:00 p.m., with the last bus leaving WAT hubs at 5:00 p.m.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- 7-Day goWATA Pass: $10.00
- Persons aged 60 and over: $1.00
- Persons with disabilities (with Medicare card): $0.50
- Children 12 and under, accompanied by a paying adult: FREE
- Exact fare only, operators do not carry change or currency.
Transportation for the Disabled:
- Williamsburg Area Transport (WAT) operates a specialized service within our regular transit bus areas for disabled persons.
- Call (757) 259-4093 for more information.
- Please remain seated until the bus stops
- Notify the driver in advance by pressing the touch tape when you want to depart the bus
- When you depart, please do not walk in front of the bus. Wait until the bus leaves so you can look both ways and safely cross the street
- No radios except with earphones
- No food or drink in open containers is allowed on buses
- No littering or smoking is allowed on buses
Additional Information for:
- Seniors and People with Disabilities: The helpful bus operators will make sure you get where you need to go. Enjoy clean, safe and reliable service to shopping areas, community services, medical offices and more. We operate a specialized service within our regular transit bus areas for persons with disabilities. For people unable to use our accessible fixed-route buses, para-transit (door-to-door) services are available by appointment at least one day in advance. The para-transit fee is $2.00 one-way and $4.00 round trip. Please call WAT at 757-220-5493 for eligibility information.
- Cyclists: All buses are equipped with bike racks to assist in your journey.
- Spanish-speaking Passengers: Contact the Network for Latino People at 757-566-2833 (or visit www.nflp.cdr.org) for information and assistance.
- If you have questions about which route you should use or at what time you can catch the bus, call (757) 259-4093 or visit www.gowata.org
"Third generation owners, providing superior customer service, since 1954!"