Facilities: 9.5 - Restrooms: 9.5 - Appeal: 8.5
Our ratings are some of the highest in the U.S. and Canada!
We have improved our rating each of the last three years!
to all of the local attractions, finest restaurants, and trendy shopping!
Closest to the attractions, the finest restaurants, and the trendiest shopping hot spots!
Our FREE newly upgraded WIFI is powered by the newest
and most advanced technology available to us.
Brand New Cable TV!
We just completed an overhaul of our system!
Re-designed and engineered by an engineer in California!
Friendliest front desk; superior customer service
"Certificate of Excellence" from TripAdvisor!
We rank in the top 10% of all businesses on TripAdvisor!
First-class utility pedestals
Premiums sites #70-77 and Complete sites #20-56
Laser leveled sites
Premiums sites #70-77 and Complete Side by Side sites #40-56
5243 Mooretown Road, Williamsburg, Virginia 23188
"Third generation owners, providing superior customer service, since 1954!"
Anvil Campground has been family owned and operated since 1954! In all, Anvil Campground has been in our family for three generations! The original founders of Anvil Campground were our Grandfather and our Father.
Why are we named Anvil? Our symbol, the Anvil, comes from our family's tradition of blacksmithing. At Colonial Williamsburg from 1929 to 1935 our Great Grandfather and our Grandfather helped make their original wrought iron work (locks, hinges, shutter dogs, gates, etc).
Our family is very proud of our history. To share some of our family's history with you, there is a display in our General Store. It has some of the types of items made by our family for Colonial Williamsburg. There is even our original Anvil!
Camp with us Saturday, March 1, 2014 is Anvil Campground's 60th anniversary! Come enjoy this day with us and receive:
- 60% off for the night of Saturday, March 1, 2014
- Enjoy a delicious FREE Pig Roast in honor of our historic free cookouts we used to host from 1975 to the early 2000s.
- Pig prepared and roasted on site by Two Drummers Smokehouse, Williamsburg, VA.
- Delicious Baked Beans, Fresh Cut Coleslaw, Cornbread, and Dessert.
- LIVE MUSIC Featuring a brilliantly talented acoustic duo: "Key'd Up" a Country, Rock, Blues band: KU's website
- Two night minimum required.
- Make your reservation today, we are booking up fast!